The cool, crisp weather, apple scents, pumpkin-flavors, and scenic changing color of the leaves can only mean one thing…Autumn has arrived. There are so many new topics in nature to discuss and discover with your little ones this season. This list of suggestions for Fall Montessori Activities includes pumpkins, leaves, corn, apples, and Playdough. Here are some Fall-themed Montessori activities from Pinterest that you can do at home with your kids.
- Get a large bowl and fill it with water. You can buy cheap decorative apples at the dollar store or a local craft store. Add the apples to the bowl of water and have your child “bob for apples” using a pair of tongs.
- This is a list of different Montessori-inspired Fall activities you can do with Playdough. From how to make Apple Pie and Pumpkin Pie Playdough to how to use Playdough play mats this includes Playdough activities your kids are sure to love.
- Let your child collect leaves under your supervision. Then print out these free leaf identification cards and let your child match the leaves they find with the correct printout to properly identify the type of leaf.
- During the Fall, an excellent fine motor activity is tweezing dried corn. It takes a great deal of concentration to focus on tweezing a single kernel from the cob. After the kernels are all pulled you can use those for other Montessori-themed activities.
- From pumpkin printables to pumpkin sensorial activities this contains a plethora of pumpkin-themed Montessori activities that your child will be thrilled to try.
It is very important to ensure your children stay engaged inside and outside of the classroom. These fun and easy Fall Montessori activities are sure to keep them learning all season long. If you have any questions about Montessori education or the Montessori method, contact us today at Milton Montessori School. Our Montessori preschool and daycare services conveniently serve children in Milton, Alpharetta, Roswell, Cumming, Woodstock, and John’s Creek.